Pages

7 May 2012

Tigers and their babies

Have you heard the story of the tiger that they push their cub from the cliff, electing to raise only the ones climb back up. I didn't know it was a Korean Myth. I read the story in the class when I was a kid. You can read the article from http://askakorean.blogspot.co.nz/2011/01/tiger-mothers-are-superior-here-is-why.html. This myth was already introduced in Japan 1318 in one of the oldest Japanese Literature. (Even though they do not mention it was from Korea) We also have a proverb "spare the road and spoil the child".

トラは、赤ちゃんを崖から落として、這い上がってきた子供だけ育てるという話を聞いたことがありますか?知らなかったんですけど、これは、韓国のお話だったみたいですね。私は子供のときに授業でならったんですけど。 http://askakorean.blogspot.co.nz/2011/01/tiger-mothers-are-superior-here-is-why.html.に英文で記事があります。日本では調べてみると古典、1318年太平記でこの話が書かれているようです。(もちろん韓国から伝わったとは書かれていませんが)

My parents had a very poor childhood and had difficult time. They provided me everything I needed, it was rather, over-protected I must say. If I needed to go somewhere, they searched how to get there and took me there. So it was a very big decision for Ponyo to come to live in NZ to be independent away from my family.

私の親は子供時代とても貧しくてかなり苦労をしました。両親は、私に必要なものをすべて与えてくれました。むしろ、過保護といってもいいかもしれません:)どこかに行く用事があれば、下調べをして、そこまで連れて行ってくれました。なので、家族から離れてNZへ独立しに行くのは大きな決断でした。

I thought I was doing quite well until I met Sosuke. He works so hard and do 110% or more. Now, for him, a girl (almost middle aged woman by now:) like me who's been protected by her parents seems lazy or doesn't try her limits. Always give up easily before reaching the limit. ( It is so true. I am so lazy and once I stop making soaps I have had a few days away from making soap.) Then Sosuke kicks my lazy bottom! (not Physically).

NZに戻ってきて、そうすけに出会うまで、けっこう自立できてると思ってたんですが、いつも110%以上全力投球するそうすけには、私みたいな女の子、(もうそろそろ中年ですが)いつも、守られてきた子は、なまかわで、すぐにあきらめる。自分の限界に挑戦しないとうつるようでした。(でも、本当なんですね。石鹸作りも明日作るの繰り返しで、1週間近くつくってなかったり)そうすると、思い腰をそうすけが、なまかわもの、働けとたたいてくれるんです。(肉体的にではありませんよ)カツを入れてくれるといったほうがいいでしょうか。

Yesterday, I went to one of the big market. My problem is that I am so short that I can't set up my gazebo. Sosuke works full time even weekends and he had to set me up at the market then took off to his work...
My Hungarian friends came over to see me because I was thrown into the big market:) It was so lovely to see them and they are my true friends:)

昨日は、大きなマーケットに出店しました。問題は背が低いので、ガゼボをしまえないことでした。そうすけは、7日間ずっと働いているので、でも、仕事の前に出だしだけ、テントを張ったりするのを手伝ってくれました。一人投げ捨てられた気分です。でも、ハンガリー人のお友達が来てくれてお店を見ててくれたりしました。本当に、ほっとします。ありがたいし、こういう心細いときになにげなくいてくれる人って本当の友達だと思いました。

After the market, I managed to put away gazebo by myself, Sosuke on my mind saying just one by one:)
I made it:) He was so proud of the kid who returned safely after being pushed from the cliff and yes, I am feeling that I am doing close to 100% but I can never beat Sosuke.

ガゼボも、そうすけが言ったことを思い出して、ひとつずつたたんでいったら一人で片付けることができました!そうすけは、崖から投げた子が無事帰ってきて嬉しそうでした。今、なんとなく100%に近づけた気がします。そうすけにはかないませんが。

When I got home... I had another touching present left at the door... Other Hungarian friend who works for Honey company dropped me at least 2kg of bee wax... it's absolutely natural. And another Hungarian friend who conquered the cancer, that he had lymphoma when he was 31, did my website and online shop. I am so happy that all of my Hungarian friends are there for me when I need them. I am so thankful.

家に帰ると、玄関先に、心温まるプレゼントがありました。もう一人のハンガリー人のお友達が蜂蜜の会社で働いているのですが、彼が2キロ以上もあるビーワックスを置いてってくれたのです。
そして、もう一人、31歳にして、癌になり、それを克服したハンガリー人の友達は、今日、ウェブサイトとオンラインショップを完成させてくれました。本当にありがたいです。

Sosuke... he always feed me first and him last. I haven't bought clothes for a long time and he bought me. I am going to have another operation soon and so I am looking forward to wearing my new clothes when I go back to Japan in end of June.
そうすけは、いつも、自分より先に私に与えてくれます。。。ここ数年、洋服なんて駆ってなかったけど、また洋服を買ってくれました。もうすぐ、また手術をします。そして、完治したころの6月末に日本に一時帰国します。そのときに着れるのを楽しみにそれまで頑張ります。

No comments: